Measuring inside a recess
- First ensure that the recess your blind is going into is not obstructed in any way so the blind can hang freely when fully extended.
- Make sure the recess is at least 75mm (3 inches) deep, otherwise it will not be able to accommodate the operating mechanism.
- Measure the total width from A to B and the length from C to D (See diagram). Do this in several places to allow for any slight variation or irregularity in your windows.
- Make a note of the narrowest of these measurements, to the nearest millimetre using a metal tape measure.
Measuring outside a recess
- Decide how far you want the fabric to overlap on all sides – we recommend this should be at least 45mm (1 ¾ inches)
- For roller blinds, add a further 38mm (1 ½ inches) for the winding mechanism
- Carefully measure the width from E to F (see diagram). Measure from G to H to the length you require.
- Make a note of these measurements to the nearest millimetre using a metal tape measure.
Family Blinds have over 50 years’ experience in the manufacture of custom blinds that’s why we are trusted and recommended by many leading suppliers in the market industry. We endure to give 100% customer satisfaction from start to finish creating your perfect interior driven by the demands and aspirations of you the customer. Contact us today with any questions or queries that you may have.
Call us today on 0121 488 0009 or e-mail us at email@example.com